Cindy Frenkel has written about numerous artists, including Arnold Newman, Dale Chihuly, Helen Levitt, Graceann Warn, Laurie Eisenhardt, Jo Powers, Tracy Gallup, and Charla Khanna. A taping of a live interview of Balthazar Korab was done at Music Hall for the Legends in Detroit Series, which is permanently archived in the Detroit Public Library.
She has also covered art movements and private collections (The Manoogian Collection), written about Pewabic Pottery, and The Renaissance and the Medicis. She also has written about antique clothing, fountain pens, handmade chocolates, costumes, and local places in metro Detroit. Additionally, she writes artists’ statements.
Selections of Frenkel’s writing on art from The Detroit Institute of Art Magazine:
- An interview with Dale Chihuly: Beauty in Abundance
- An interview with Arnold Newman: Environmental Portraits
- On Helen Levitt: In the Street: A Photographer’s Journey
- The New Artisans (from Detroit Monthly)
- Medici Masterpieces (from The Detroit Jewish News)
- Art in Found Objects (an interview with Graceann Warn)
More will be coming soon.